Greatdays Travel Group Offer Exciting 6 or 12 month Internship Opportunities in Travel & Tourism
How does the intern benefit from the internship?
With more and more students graduating, securing a good job seems to get tougher and tougher each year. A good grade in your final exam results is now no longer a guarantee to get you a great job in your chosen industry.
Employers are increasingly looking for people with real work experience in their chosen industry and certainly with some first-hand knowledge of the workplace.
Greatdays has put together an internship programme that can offer that first-hand knowledge and experience that employers are seeking.
This is not an apprenticeship or a temp to permanent position but a fixed period internship to gain practical experience in the travel industry. When completed this will show prospective employers you can understand, commit to and complete a commercial obligation in real life, and have that experience they are seeking.
Experience across the following areas is on offer:
- Hands-on development of ‘live’ commercial products and services
- Working as part of a team and also on your own initiative
- Time management
- Analysis and problem solving
- Article, brochure and report writing
- Insight into the way a business flows and functions
- Communication skills
- Product sourcing
- Booking real tours
- Specific travel sector experience
- Personal performance feedback
- An open door policy to the Directors to discuss your career
- Assistance in developing and tailoring your CV
- Assistance in the development of professional networking
- A written reference on completion of your internship
Key Skills Required:
- A real interest in and passion for travel and tourism
- Good level of spoken and written English
- Computer literate
- Able to work on own initiative
- Good geographical knowledge of the UK or European destinations
Office Location, Hours and Terms
- Head Office, Altrincham Greater Manchester, UK
- 37.5 hours per week (Normally 09:00 – 17:30 Monday to Friday)
- Unpaid Internship, £10/day lunch/travel expenses provided
- 20 days holiday (pro-rata)
- Assistance in obtaining travel concessions around the UK
If you are interested in one of our internship positions please contact:
Andy Beard FCMA, CGMA, Managing Director, Greatdays Travel Group